Statement of Faith
For a list of historic statements of faith, please see church documents at the Center for Reformed Theology and Apologetics (CRTA).
The men of NERF recognize and are associated with the value and role that creeds and confessions have in the church. These documents help us to understand and define what we believe as Christians and what we are to proclaim to the world.
What We Mean by “Reformed Theology”
Here is a brief description :
A commitment to the five “solas” of the Reformation, that salvation from sin, death and hell is
• sola fide (by faith alone)
• sola gratia (by grace alone)
• solus Christus (through Christ alone)
• sola Scriptura (by Scripture alone)
• soli Deo gloria (to God's glory alone)
Reformed Theology also professes:
• The total depravity of mankind
• God’s unconditional election of sinners unto salvation
• Christ’s gracious and definite atonement for his church
• God’s effectual calling of his elect unto salvation
• The perseverance of God’s elect unto their full and final salvation.
These points, along with the creeds noted above, help guide us into the knowledge of the true God and what he requires of his people.